Skip to content
Our ImpactJoanna S.2020-07-23T14:15:25-04:00
Our Impact At Our Schools
- City Neighbors Charter School was one of only five schools to show between 10-20% gain on PARCC scores in Reading and Math in 2017-2018.
- City Neighbors Charter School and City Neighbors High School surpassed city averages on 2017-2018 PARCC Math and Reading 90% of the time, and CNCS surpassed state literacy averages 50% of the time.
- Our three schools received approximately 1500 enrollment applications for 150 available seats in the February enrollment lottery.
- Our three schools had a 90% student retention rate.
- City Neighbors Charter School ranked as a four-star school, one of only seventeen four or five-star schools in Baltimore City. City Neighbors High School ranked as a three-star school, the highest ranking for any non-criteria high school in Baltimore City. In addition, City Neighbors Hamilton also ranked as a three-star school.
- All three schools are highly rated on parent, staff, and student surveys.
- City Neighbors High School had 95% of its 11th grade students participate in and a complete professional internship.
- City Neighbors High School had a 93% attendance rate, ranked among the top in the district (including versus criteria-based schools).
- City Neighbors High School had a 94% graduation rate and a 100% college acceptance rate – the highest of any non-criteria school in Baltimore.
- Parents at our K-8 schools logged over 5,000 volunteer hours for the 2017-2018 school year.
- Our three schools had an 85% staff retention rate.
- City Neighbors Charter School and City Neighbors Hamilton far surpassed Baltimore City Schools in 5th and 8th grade Science standardized testing.
- Middle-school students at City Neighbors Charter School who are identified as socioeconomically disadvantaged scored in the top 10 in both Language Arts and Math.