The Reggio Emilia schools of Italy inspire our work.
The Reggio Emilia philosophy values:
- The arts as essential to learning
- Long-term in-depth studies
- The physical environment
- Learning that emerges from student interest
- The importance of teacher documentation of student work
- The teacher as an active observer and researcher of student learning
- Children as creative, powerful, capable and worthy of the deepest respect
Whether in kindergarten, 3rd grade, middle school or high school, these Reggio ideals inform our work, our practice, and our schools.